Computer Expert, Here we are talking about a huge field of knowledge and skills. There are three main works of computer expert i.e., Hardware, Software, and Networking management.
Today is the world computer knowledge is a must. and knowledge of computers has become vital for everybody. because today the world is called the digital world. and everywhere and in every passion we need computers. Now is a great time to start a career in technology as it is increasing much faster than average. So, I am going to show you the path of becoming a computer expert.
First step for becoming a computer expert
If you don’t know the basics of computer, then the first step for you is to get the basic knowledge of computer that what is a computer and how it works. To do this, there are many ways. If you are a school student, then I will recommend you to opt for the computer subject in your higher secondary education. But if not, then you can go on the internet and learn about computer basics.
Degree for computer expert
The fields in the IT sector require a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. In 3 to 4 years of your degree program, you will cover almost all topics regarding becoming a computer engineer or expert.
To become a respected computer expert, you can pursue beyond a bachelor’s degree like a master’s degree or even to a doctorate degree like a Ph.D. or Ed.D. The master’s and doctorate degree trains you how to deal with real-life problems.
Software and Hardware knowledge
Having knowledge about using software is one thing but being able to maintain and solve the problems occurring is another. You have to get the core knowledge of computer hardware and synchronizing them with your software.
It is not easy to compete in today’s world to get a job with more salary as the demand is increasing in the IT field for skills. So, it is very important to get a professional certificate after you have cleared all the academics. There are so many professional certificates. These certifications will increase the weight of your resume. Some of the best are listed below.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Certified data professional (CDP)
- Certified information systems security professional (CISSP)
- Cisco certified internetwork expert (CCIE)
- Microsoft technology associate (MTA)
- Oracle certified professional
As we all know, the computer is a huge field and has a wide range of technologies. So, you have to get specialize in at least one of them like mobile development, data analyst, etc. Pick out a technology which is popular in this generation and in which you are getting interested.
Increase your practical skills
The field you are working in is not a study of theories. You have to practice your computer skills. You will be able to develop more skills from your practical work. You can also work in groups, as it will help to clear the concepts. You have to practice more as it is not possible to become a computer genius overnight. It will take months of practice.
Create your Network
You are not the only one here who wants to become a computer expert. So, you have to reach out to people. Without this, no one knows you as a computer expert. You have to tell people about you. You have to increase your network like on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
Tips for becoming a comuter genius
- Get the hardware knowledge of a computer: Try to interact with the physical parts inside a computer. Learn how they are connected and their use.
- Learn how to code: Choose programming in which you get interested.
- Explore the internet: You will get so many things to learn from the internet for free. Just spend some time and explore.
You are getting into an immense field that has a lot of job opportunities. After becoming an expert, you will earn a profitable salary. So, follow these above steps and there will no one to stop you to become a computer expert and enjoying your life.
Without College Degree
First of all one thing is that you need to learn about three important topics.
- Computer Fundamentals.
- Computer architectures.
- Computer hardware.
These three words make important sense in your career as a computer expert. so here is the question that arises that how to learn these things and what these topics include. How and what you should learn in Computer Fundamentals.
The mean of computer fundamental is that what we should do with the use of the computer. so this section gives you knowledge of computer fundamentals.
Topics in Computer Fundamentals
- What is a computer?
- Generations of the computer.
- Types of computers. (Personal, Supercomputer, Mainframe, Minicomputer)
- Computer Operations. (Start, toolbar, network connection, desktop icons)
- Software and Firmware.
- Applications of OS.
- Kernel and Assembler.
- Computer data and run programs.
- System configurations.
- Files and folder.
- Disk Defragmenter
- Back up system
- Types of software. ( System application, compilers, application software)
- Installation and uninstallation of the software.
- Device Drive.
- Internet and services of the internet. ( Web surfing, printing, sending, receiving, file connectivity, Email service)
- Viruses. ( Network virus, Email virus, Macro virus, Boot sector virus)
How and what you should learn in Computer architecture. This section gives you the base knowledge of computers. like how computer process data and how an application work on the computer. and without learning the architecture of the computer you wouldn’t able to learn about the hardware of the computer.
Topics in Computer architecture
- Input process.
- Output process.
- Algebraic and arithmetic representation.
- Signals types. (Analog signals, Digital signals)
- Types of digital signals.
- Types of numbers. ( Binary, decimal, hexadecimal, octal)
- Interconversion of binary numbers.
- Gray codes.
- Arithmetics on numbers.
- Logic gates.
- Boolean algebra.
- decoder and Encoder.
- Multiplexer and De-Multiplexer.
- Adder and ICs.
- Checksum and CRC.
- Memory processing.
- BUS, Registers, and Flags.
- Buffer, Stacks, and Input-Output ports.
- Processor level and the Execution Unit.
Here the one question that should arise in your mind is that why we need to learn these topics. the funda is that the computer is only working with one(1) and not(0). and we need to understand one and not. and the hardware totally depends on Boolean logic and algebra. and without the hardware computer should not work. so to understand hardware we need to learn about Boolean algebra and logic gates.
How and what you should learn in computer hardware. This section gives you knowledge about the parts of the computer system. and only and only hardware is responsible for interaction between humans and machines like computers.
Topics in computer hardware
- The central processing unit(CPU).
- BIOS(Basic input-output system).
- Random-access memory.
- Read-only memory.
- Storage system.
- Disks(Hard disk, floppy disk, compact disk).
- Keyboard, Mouse.
- Installation of the computer device.
- Installation means how to connect devices like a mouse, CPU, keyboard, and other things to make a full computer.
- Tribulation shooting.
But it’s not enough because you are not going to make a computer. you are going to repair a computer. so you should know all the problems which come with any computer.
- learn about computer problems:
- Commands on Run-commands.
- How to unzip any file.
- a connection of USB.
- Mail spamming.
- Disk Cleanup.
- Title bar commands.
- How to handle multiple files.
- E-mail attachment.
- Finding an IP address.
- How to set Proxy.
- Rostering window.
- Activation of the window.
- File recovery system.
- DVD uses.
- Remote desktop protocol.
- Cookies set up.
- Setting Email filters.
- How to burn a CD.
- Use of spyware.
- Virtual memory.
- Loading of application from PC to mobile.
and learning only depends on how much you use a computer. so there is one another thing is that you should know basic knowledge about Ms-Office, PowerPoint, word, and excel. and also know the shortcut keys of computers and other software and hardware. These are not enough topics. like you think you only need to learn these topics and after that, you become a top computer expert.